Monday, August 23, 2010

moments...

Now that I have returned to work I am finding it a little difficult to switch from my role as stay at home mom to working mom.
 
I long to know how much of his waffle Dixon ate before turning up his nose. 

I recite lines from Hamlet, secretly wandering if there has been a poopy diaper yet and if so, what was the consistency. 

As I try to remember/teach algebraic equations I am really concerned with if they went down easy for naps and are the still sleeping. 

As I scan the room looking for cell phone out I can't help but think that I could be snuggling my little darlings. 

Yes, it is hard to miss all of these moments throughout the long work day. 

However...

*

There are some moments...

*

When I am COMPLETELY at peace with my working mom status...

*

You know, those moments when I open my inbox see the following email from Grandma Gayle...

"Brex was too happy playing in his bouncer, as I removed him, I saw something on his leg, as I further pulled him out it was smooching on down his leg, ooohhhhhhhh. I had a sheet on the floor (TG). he rolled and so did the poop, he crawled, it smudged, help!! i grabbed him and now im in it too......oh ick!!!"

*

At peace. ;)

No comments: