Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Weegie, Pine-sol, and sickies

Our house has felt a little like a sick bay the past few days. 

Last Friday I took Breckin to the dr. and he was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection. 

Sunday I was really feeling awful, so I went to Des Moines to a walk in clinic and I was put on antibiotics for sinus infection. 

So, I was not surprised when Dixon came down (but shouldn't it really be up?) with a fever of 102. 

Yesterday I ran him to the dr and he has strep. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

In the middle of all of this on Wednesday when Adam had class and I was home with the boys, I was in Dixon's room  tending to him. When I went out to the kitchen, I smelled the distinct and overwhelming smell of pine-sol and saw Breckin soaking wet. 

Yes, he had given himself a bath in pine-sol. I stuck my nose in his mouth to comfirm that he indeed did have the pine-sol in his mouth. 

So I made a call to my friends at Posion Control. Who I haven't called since I caught Dixon with a mouthful of dog food. Who are awesome, by the way. A real person answers with in two rings and they called back a 1/2 hour later to check on him.

The told me that pine oil is the most dangerous ingredient in Pine-Sol and it could cause him to go in and out of conscienceness , but he would probably be ok. Reassuring, right? 

He continued to run like a wild man all night, so it was determined to have no effect on him, just on his mom's mother of the year status. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Lately, Dixon has been really into Mario and Luigi Little Weegie. He has been adamant that is what he wants to be for Halloween. Even thought I already had their costumes, last night I ran to Des Moines to get the cutest Mario and Luigi costumes for the boys, complete with stick on mustaches.

Just wait for it. 

No comments: