Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back to reality (kind of)


I mean really...Could you leave this face?

Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading for the past 6 weeks and 4 days...I am going back to school! I know, I know it's only for 4 days...but still it is devastating! I can not imagine being away from Dixon ALL day. For the past 46 days I have been living and breathing him. Now I am expected to leave him for 10 whole hours?? While I have been wallowing in self pitty for the past week, I think it would help to remember all of the things I have to be grateful for...

I am grateful...

That I have a baby who is so happy and healthy that he can be without me for 10 hours. 

That I have a husband who is absolutely thrilled about having a "daddy day."

That all of our parents are ecstatic about the thought of having him all to themselves for a whole day. 

That I have a job where I had 46 days paid maternity leave. 

That after 4 days I will be able to have almost 3 amazing months home with my little guy.

That even though I may worry...Dixon will probably be just as perfect and happy as if I was there with him. 

That I will get to see my co workers and the kids at Stowe before we all leave for summer. 

That after a day of work...I will get to come home to the most beautiful baby in the world. 

Ok...I think I can make it 4 days! :) 


No comments: