Friday, October 24, 2008

All our bags are packed...We're ready to go,


Well....we are not leaving in a jet plane, but Dixon and I are headed up north to see Auntie Kayla in Minneapolis! I met Kayla our first year at college on move in day. I always remind her that she was a little grumpy that day...but we turned out to be the best of friends. Back in my previous life, or as I like to call it BD, before Dixon, Kayla and I would take turns. I would go see her and then she would come see me...Well let's just say I have missed my turn about 5 times ago. And with the winter weather season around the corner, I knew I needed to plan a trip. We are SO excited to see her!
However, I am nervous about the drive. It takes about 4 hours...hopefully we will be ok. I always try to relate my life to Jon and Kate + 8. So I figure if they can do all of their traveling with 8 children...I can surely do it with one! I have packed up every toy that he has ever shown the slightest interest in, books, TWO wubbas, his crib soothie machine, CDs, ect...let's just hope I have enough to keep the little bear occupied.
I am also nervous about other drivers. Now, BD I was one of those "other drivers," going way to fast, doing 3 tasks other than driving, ect. However, times have changed. I am carrying precious cargo! So if you are headed north on 35 tonight...please be careful!
Once we are there I know that we will have a BLAST! I will keep you posted on our BIG adventure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what? i was grumpy when we first met?! haha, it was 100 degrees on move in day, remember?! OMG i cannot wait until you get here!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I'm glad to hear that this means you no longer do eye liner & mascara in the car anymore :) :) :) Hope you have a great time!!!

rachel said...

I am so excited for you!! I cant wait to hear all about your adventure!!!