Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How old am I?


Yesterday in my study hall I was working away on my computer when a student came up to me and said....

"Mrs. Alexander, can you Google something for me?"

I replied, "Sure Ben. For what?"

"I want you to look up P.O.G. I got this thing out of a quarter machine and it says P.O.G. all over it."

As I type in "P.O.G" I begin to think that this looks very familiar. Then it pops into my brain...POGS!

I scream...Ben you have a Pog. He looks at me like I am a crazy high school teacher (this is becoming the norm). I am amazed that neither he nor anyone else in the study hall has ever heard of the game of Pogs!!?! They are all looking at me like I am crazy, when Ben says " So, is this thing worth any money?"

What? Something I grew up playing is NOT old enough to be worth any money! I am both shocked and offended! Shocked that I am 10 years older than these kids and offended that they are aware of this fact!

Reminiscing about good old Pogs made my mind travel back to other toys/images of my youth that seem to have disappeared....









Ahhhhh...the good old days...:)

4 comments:

rachel said...

Adam F played pogs with sarah and I :) I dont really know if we knew how to play the actual game- we just liked to collect the cool looking ones!

Rachel said...

I remember POGS too and Jem she was the best! But don't forget about FraggleRocks and Full House! :)

Adam said...

STOP DELETING MY POSTS!

The Lynam's said...

OMG!! I love this post!! It reminds me of last year during spring conferences when J and I listened to all those television tunes all day long from our favorite TV shows of yesteryear. Wuzzles... slap bracelets... Rainbow Brite... JEM... where have all the good things in life gone?!?!??!