Sunday, May 16, 2010

time for a little r & r.

And we don't mean rest and relaxation...

We are talking about Rachel and Rob! 



My best friend from waaaaaaaay back came home from California to visit. In high school we lived only 187 steps away from each other and believe me, we wore out that path. It has been well over 10 years since we sat by each other in Spanish II and I was mesmirzed by her plastic rings and hemp necklaces and she by my blue eyeshadow and glitter application skills. We don't get to see each other often, but when we do it seems like not a day has passed since we were wearing velour leopard and blue camo outfits.


I was so excited for this trip because Rachel brought her boyfriend Rob, who I had never met. This was also her first time meeting little Breckin.Rob was just as awesome as Rachel described him. And Rachel took to baby Breckin right away! She loves these two little boys soooo much. :)

We only got to spend a little over 48 hours together, but we made the most of it! We ate at the Mexican restaurant, and the new dessert place in town. We strolled around the square and attended our little brother's soccer game and ate a a good Chinese place nearby. We obviously didn't take enough pictures, but we were far too busy laughing and reminiscing.

I had the best time having my bestie so close. I'm  working very hard on getting out to SF this summer to see her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who grew up with them I'll let you know of one of my favorite Kendra and Rachel stories: Kendra didn't have enough time to go sopping for a homecoming dress because of volley ball so Rachel informed Kendra that that's ok because Rachel could make her one! They went and bought fabric that they laid on our living room floor and had Kendra roll up in it...needless to say...it didn't work!lol love you both!!! <3 aunt madi