Sunday, August 9, 2009

i heart garage sales.

And I am not ashamed! I LOVE a good deal! Even in high school Rachel and I used to scour the town in search of flamingo shower curtains, coffee cups, funny shirts, and beanie babies.
This past weekend I not only had my own...but scored these AWESOME items at two others in town...

FINALLY a Cozy Coupe...These things are never at garage sales...I have been told they last forever, so no one ever sells theirs. I found it for $7 and showed up an hour early to the sale...I have no shame...;)

I stalked this house out the night before to grab up this sweet fire truck toddler bed for Dixon! I have really been torn with what to do with Dixon's sleeping situation...twin bed? toddler bed? matress on floor? real bed? new room? same room? With this beauty in a garage sale I took it as a sign...FIRE TRUCK BED in new room for baby Dixon this fall, once we get the bed cleaned up and put together it will be as good as new! PS....for only $70 (mattress included!)! This bed retails for $250!

Hooray for bargains!

5 comments:

rachel said...

i heart garage sales too!!! There was one by robbie's house today with free coffee!! it was soo busy!! advertise like niecy and they will come....
I wish I could have been there. miss you sis :(
xoxox

Brooke said...

I LOVE garage sales too! I wish we lived closer to each other! I haven't been able to go as much this summer:(

There's not a better high than the one you get after finding a great deal!

Rachel said...

I have been trying to decide with Abigail's sleep situation too since the new baby will need the crib...I had new twin sized bedding all picked out and was going to make her a new bedroom. But then we had her 18 month check up last week and our pediatrician strongly advised us to keep her in her crib and borrow or buy a second crib....so I think that's what we're going to do since we finally got her liking her crib and she is pretty close to sleeping through the night. I'm just afraid if I switch she'll be in and out of that bed like crazy.... If Dixon is sleeping through the night he will probably be fine though. I just have pictures in my head of Abigail in and out and I'd have to put a gate on her door or lock her in or something...not pretty! Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you.... You got some great finds at the garage sales, I'm sure Dixon will love his cozy coupe Abigail got one as a present from my parents and loves it!!

Missy... said...

I think we share a passion for garage sales! Great buys, mama! :)

The Lynam's said...

WOOT!!! You rock Kenny! Perhaps next summer we will tote kiddos around to garage sales in the sweet 'hoods of WDM, Johnston & A-town. It could be the new girls' lunch days!