Saturday, July 17, 2010

of er visits and baby showers.

On our pretend Fourth of July (which was on the 3rd, because it rained ALL day on the 4th this year) we all went out to my dad's farm for family, fun, food and fireworks. Out on the farm it is an on going joke that I may or may not be a protective mother. So when all of the boys were jumping on the trampoline and asked screamed for Dixon to join in, I obliged. I was right there, snapping pics and watching him like a hawk the whole time.

Despite my best protecting efforts, when Dixon got off the trampoline each time he took a step, his legs would collapse and he would begin to cry. He was fine when he sat, but could not take a step. We went back and forth, back and forth over what to do. We decided to ask the advice of our doctor emt next door. He advised us to wait until morning and that he would probably be ok. However, that was not satisfaction enough for this worry wart. We loaded up and watched various fireworks shows the entire way to the big city.

The er dr. concluded that Dixon had a "leg sprain" and should be as good as new in 24 hours. Leave it to my little stinker to WALK out of the er. The next day I could tell he was a little sore, but by evening he was raring to go! :)

***********************************************************************************

The week after the fourth was spent at my mom's house while our floors were being refinished. It was also spent preparing for The Shower of the Century. It was a truly awesome event...
I will let the pictures do the talking. :)










The parents to be! :)

1 comment:

The Lynam's said...

1. I am also a worry wart. What IS it with that? Can't chill!!
2. Shower = amazing!!!
3. You = GORGEOUS!! You're looking fantastic!!!!!
4. Tash is one lucky mommy-to-be and the baby? Gonna have one great aunt in you!!