Wednesday, December 22, 2010

top ten.


1.     Tttt ( trigger thumb take two) was a success. Adam was in training, so my dad, Dixon and I headed to the big city at 5:30 in the morning for the big surgery. Dixon did very well until they called our name to go back. Then he knew just were he was and what was about to happen. Needless to say Dixon was very upset, but it was nothing a “valium like medication” could not take care of. ;) This time they also gave him an IV (after he was put out) to take care of the nausea post op. They were also able to put medication in the IV for pain. With these medications and still having the use of his left hand, the recovery has been much more manageable than last time.
2.     Mr. Breckin, who is about to turn ONE!, had a mean bout with the flu. I will not go into many details other than to say it was the first time I have had throw up in my mouth that was not mine. He was sick for about 6 days and for 6 days after that was suffering from mom diagnosed RAD (reactive attachment disorder). Now that I can set him down, I am back to chasing him around the house!
3.     Adam has been working days for the past two weeks and we have ALL enjoyed spending our nights at home with him. Just last night we met at the mall so Dixon could ride the train 3 times and I could do a little shopping.
4.     Christmas is 3 days. I feel nowhere near being ready. I still have much shopping to do and presents to wrap. Up until Christmas Eve night when all the stores are closed I will always feel the need to get just one more thing…
5.     Wisdom teeth. They need to come out ASAP. I have been in so much pain and taking super prescription pain meds all day and night! Last night at 4 am if I could have located the pliers, I would have performed my own dirty dental surgery, right in my bathroom. The magic day is December 27th. This will be an awesome way to spend my Christmas break and my money from Santa. ;)
6.     I have yet to blog about our awesome Thanksgiving and sweet Santa visit at the courthouse.
7.     Christmas cards. Ugg. They will be the death of me (if my wisdom teeth aren’t). However, last night I discovered that they technically say “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas” so I have decided they just need to go out before New Years.
8.     I think we are the only school in the entire state world that has to go to school tomorrow. I will be a glad when summer roll around, but I am dying to snuggle up with my little elves.
9.     We had the first of 5 Christmas celebrations last weekend; it was an awesome way to start off our Christmas season.
10.   Promise there will be a post with actual pictures tomorrow. My computer has been at school while my personal technician a very computer savvy student has been working on it.

1 comment:

Stanford said...

Did you have to go to school on the 23rd? Also good luck with the wisdom teeth. It's not too bad. I think I was bummed out for like a day, then just puffy check syndrome. Now tonsils.... That's another story!Have a Merry Christmas!!!