Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4th generation carney...:)


I thought it would be attending college, then I though if I graduated college, but no. Then when I was engaged, or when I bought a house...still no. Then I got married...and still worked the fair...

My ticket out of being a carney was baby Dixon...I will be forever indebted to him! :)



Dixon with Great Grandma Kay

Little Dixon went on his first trip to the great Iowa State Fair! I remember all of the years I worked at the fair and I would see little babies out late at night...just exhausted. I would say "Who would keep their baby out that late at the fair?!?!?" The answer is me! We did not get home until midnight! It was a last minute decision...t0 pack everything up and head to the fair with Grandma Wendy. The family working in the stands had been there for 8 days and when Dixon came up they were THRILLED!



Driving a golf cart at age 4 months? Great Grandpa Dickie would be so proud!


Great Uncle Lance.

Great Aunt Tami.
Beautiful cousin Chelsey.

Pretty Aunt Maddy feeding Dixon...she found out that Dixon had two teeth and was eating cereal and said..."I miss everything!"
:)

Baby burrito.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness look at your cute little baby burrito!! I KNEW that Dixon would get you out of the fair... you lucky lady! You're all looking great :) Keep in touch.

rachel said...

Im pretty sure dixon is old enough to use the cheese machine.