Monday, September 8, 2008

Dixon is love.


At our church there is a man named Darrell. Darrell has special needs and lives in a group home here in town. He comes to church every Sunday and ALWAYS sits right next to my mom. Mom wasn't in church yet when he arrived yesterday so Darrell sat by Dixon and I. He asked if he could hold Dixon and reluctantly I handed him over. Darrell handled him so carefully...more carefully than most. Dixon was smiling at him and snuggled up to his shoulder. Darrell had the biggest smile on his face and even said to me, "I think he likes me more than you." :) It made me realize how much joy babies can bring to people of all abilities. Darrell saw Dixon as someone who really liked him and did not judge him at first sight. This is just another reason why Dixon is love. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!!! I'm so glad that Dixon is going to grow up with such a great Mom like you :)

rachel said...

I love you ken!