Monday, December 1, 2008

turkey...shopping...max

WINNER WINNER TURKEY DINNER



It was a crazy couple of days for the Alexander house over the holiday weekend. Grandma Gayle's birthday was on Wednesday and ALL she wanted was Dixon for her birthday so he went to stay the night with Grandma Dan, Grandma Gayle and Aunt Natalie. When we picked him up on Thursday we went to Grandma Patty's for a WONDERFUL Turkey dinner! Dixon LOVED seeing all of his family and exploring a new house!
While we were there Auntie Tashie and I were discussing how we were going to excute our yearly BLACK FRIDAY tradition with another little shopper riding along, when Aunt Darcy offered to keep Dixon all night! We planned to drop Dixon off after dinner #2 at Grandpa Louie and Grandma Nancy's...which was another delicious feast!

***************************************************************************************

BLACK FRIDAY~!

This Black Friday was our most intense one ever! Auntie Tasha and I left at 10:00 pm for Williamsburg to Tanger Outlet Mall...they opened at 12:00. By 2:00 we were on our way back to Des Moines to open up Younkers at 4:00, Wal-Mart at 5:00 and Target at 6:00 ( as we were standing in line in the bitter cold I remarked, "Wait a minute, I hate Target!). It was one crazy night, but I had a blast spending time with Auntie Tashie! We arrived at her apartment at 6:30 to go to bed...But when I woke up there were many more bags in the living room than I had remembered...Tasha had left at 6:30 for Jordan Creek...talk about a shopaholic! I picked up Dixon at noon, he had a blast at Aunt Darcy's with Uncle Marty, Casey, and Carter...they even had an late night party! Thanks Whites'...I had a fun filled night!

*************************************************************************************

Max Attacks!

Adam picked up Max on his way home from work, we got to have him spend the night on Friday. I have still been having Max spend the night at our house once a month since Dixon has been born. I LOVE to see Max and watch him grow and mature, he amazes me every time I see him. This time he was more interested in Dixon than ever. He was down on the floor crawling with him, playing with his train and giving him his Wubba when he was fussy! They will be able to learn so much from each other! Saturday we went to Target in the afternoon! I know, I always forget about my boycott! ;)

*************************************************************************************

WHEW!

That was quite the update! Dixon and I had a snowy lazy day on Sunday of church then cleaning and laundry...those are the best! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had sooo much fun too Ken!!! The most extravagant Black Friday shopping extravaganza we've ever had...only to be topped by next year of course!!!! I just can't wait to wrap all of the gifts!!!! Miss you already..and tell that little one I miss him too!!!
Love, Auntie Tashi!!

Missy... said...

1. YAY for a picture of Dixon's mama! All too often us mom's are stuck behind the camera!

2. For whatever reason I can't be a "follower" of your blog. Hmmm???

3. Did you get your Target merchandise credit?!? Check your junk mail...I heard they sent them out!

4. Good work on the Black Friday shopping!

The Lynam's said...

You look beautiful!! And yes, check your spam... Missy is right. I got $25 credit to Target. We can now stop the boycott!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you and tash are crrrrazy! give dixon a big kiss for me!
xoxo

rachel said...

Your jacket is ABFAB!! Dixon is so handsome, and tashies doggie looks like loc! I miss you, you crazy shopper! xoxox