Wednesday, January 19, 2011

b is 1!!!

It is so hard to believe that my sweet Breckin Kendrix is now well over one year old. It has been hard to accept this fact, much harder than it was with Dixon. Case(s) in point.

The day after Christmas when we put the swing (that had been broken for well over 4 months) (that he was much to big for) on the side of the road for the garbage man, I was a total wreck.

Just last week when I packed up all of the bottles and bottle parephenilia I shed more than a few tears.

This week when I (finally) made the switch from his INFANT carrier to his big boy carseat I was a basket case.

Now that I am letting him cry it out at night, I am close to being committed.

Why are these things so much harder the second time around? I think with Dixon I was always ready to move on to the next phase. But now that I see how quickly each phase comes and goes I am trying to keep Breckin in these baby phases for as long as I possibly can. With Dixon it was my goal in life to have him walking by his first birthday, however with Breckin, I am perfectly content with him crawling around for as long as his little heart desires.

I don't want to forget exactly how Breckin was at this stage...so here goes...

People are always commenting on what a happy baby he is (and it is true!).
He is the proud owner of 6 teeth, 4 bottom and 2 top.
He has stood on his own once (with Aunt Natalie) and can easily navigate around all types of furniture/legs.
Breckin is a much bigger eater than his big bro, he loves bananas, yogurt, green beans, macaroni, ect, ect, ect.
Breckin has the deeeeeepest voice. My dad refers to him as Froggy, while Grandma Gayle insists that he will be a great singer.
His favorite word is no or "nananana." (loud and deep) He repeats this to anyone who tells him no. :)
Lately when he smiles, he crinkles up his noes.
He is often chosen to be Dixon wrestling partner, I am working on getting this on video, but I swear sometimes I think I am watching a real high school wrestling match in my living room (more to come on this).
He loves to play, sit by, or even be in the same vicinity as his big brother.
And just like Dixon, Breckin loves to rough house on the bed with Daddy.

Breckin Kendrix has honestly brought more love and joy to his dad, brother and I than I ever thought possible. It is so hard to imagine our family without him. We love you Breckie K! :)

No comments: