Thursday, February 11, 2010

6 (+1)

Dearest Breckin,

Today you are 6 whole weeks old (plus one day)! I can not believe that it has gone by so fast! At six weeks you are truly a bundle of joy! During the day you have lots of quiet awake time. You have really not set up a napping routine yet, just whenever you fall in and out of sleep. Nights are another story, you usually wake up every 3-4 hours. Can we change this before I go back to work in one week?

You have been to the dr. twice since coming home. You are having tummy troubles, just like your brother did at your age. We have been putting dark Karo syrup in your bottle twice a day and that seems to do the trick! The second time was for your skin (which I thought was a rash). It was just a newborn breakout. While I was there I talked to Dr. Amy about your night time fussiness and unwillingness to eat. We think you might have acid indigestion, so now you are taking an antacid twice a day.

Your big brother Dixon is still pretty uninterested in you. He mostly just pretends his is still an only child. But everyone says once you get bigger you will be best buddies. Every once in a while he will give you knucks, or a high five, or even a kiss.

Your dad has been back to work for 4 weeks and I have to go back in exactly one week. I am going to miss being at home with you so much. You will be in good hands with Grandma Gayle and Grandpa Dan. You will also get to meet your new little buddy Collin, when you get there!


Six weeks (and one day) ago my heart doubled in size. I love you more that you could ever imagine (until you have a little one of your own) (when you are 25). You have filled our lives with joy and excitement. Your dad and I can not imagine our family without you. :)

Love,


Mom

2 comments:

Adam said...

i thought we were getting new names.

mardarwhite said...

I thought so too, but I like the old way.