Wednesday, February 10, 2010

out of the running, once again.

You may remember {this} post where I blogged about being out of the running for mother of the year 2009. Now it looks like I can kiss the award goodbye for 2010 as well.

Wednesday was my birthday...3 more years until the big one...;(

It had been a great day. The boys took extra long naps and were little angels. We had mexican with Grandma Wendy and Uncle Jackson, which was also my last supper. We then went to Grandma Wendy's for french silk pie! This is when it all went south...

First Dixon had one of his famous poopsplosions, which required all his clothes (including socks) be removed. With no extra clothes, Dixon was changed into one of Aunt Maddy's t-shirts (an adult small). At this point I was still feeling pretty confident with my parenting skills. Even though I didn't have any extra clothes...everyone was still having a good time.

I was holding Breckin in my lap on the chair and Dixon was asking for me to pick him up. So I grabbed his lower arms to pick him up onto my lap as well. Dixon then began screaming his bloody brains out and did not stop until about 8:30 the next morning.

I held it together pretty well until we arrived at the ER...where the receptionist was grilling me about what happened...I sure she wasn't really...but that's what it felt like. Then my guilt took over and Dixon and I were both sobbing messes.

That's when Grandpa Donnie met us there...you can always count on him. ;) He also made me feel better by telling me the story of when Grandma Patty stabbed him in the foot with a garden tool. ;)

Dixon with his adult shirt on, wrapped in a blanket, was handling all of this pretty well. When the Dr. and nurse came into look at it she said she heard a snap and that was the elbow going back into place, but he was feeling NO relief! She then called in the x-ray tech who happened to be my good friend since infancy, Jenny! She helped me to feel a lot better and at least I knew that she would plead with them not to call DHS, that in fact I was a competent mama. 

We were sent home, Dixon still feeling no relief.  My dad waited with us until Adam got home from work. It was a long night and Dixon was in pain. I remember going into his room and he was screaming with wubba in his bad arm, because he couldn't lift him to his mouth. ;(

Early the next morning we went to see Dr. Amy. OuR beloved peditrician. She was able to slip Dixon's elbow back into place and in 10 minutes he was back to his usual self.

You know...this guy...


3 comments:

Maddy said...

I'm so glad my clothing could help even when I couldn't be there...he didn't poop on my shirt did he?

Unknown said...

And, now, I finally know the story.....thank you. Let the wubbas fall from the sky for the little guy!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Amy......Amy Wallin in Des Moines.....? That's Casey and Carter's doc.