Tuesday, February 9, 2010

worries.

If you have known me for any period of time, you will say that I am a worrier, to say the least. I worry about all types of things. I have always worried.

When I first heard in Sunday school that the world would end I was worried sick, literally. I went to the bathroom at church and got sick and cried. I was so worried.

Later in middle school my Grandma Kay gave me these "worry dolls" that you were suppose to tell your worries to and they would keep them.

I worry about family, friends, money, situations out of my control, health, ect, ect, ect. Sometimes if I am not worrying, I actually think to myself, "What do I need to worry about?"

This feeling has only been magnified since becoming a parent. I have a whole new list of things to worry about. I worry about all kinds of things with my boys. Some things I share, some I don't. I worry that if I share them I will worry other people.

I have inherited the worry trait from my dad. He too worries about all things. So it is no surprise he has put it into my head to worry about my blog. Do I tell too much? Who is reading it?

I have already taken some precautions, not saying the name of my town, not showing the front of my house or street...ect. I have also thought about changing my blog to private. But that has been my favorite part about blogging, connecting with new people and re connecting with old friends.

Since I have been home on maternity leave I have been reading the discussions in Mckmama's BlogFrog, and doing some of my own research. As I learn more and figure out more, things will change on my blog.

I have made a mental list of the things I would like to change. Some I know how to do, I just need to find the time and others I need to learn how to accomplish.

For instance, there will be no more right click on my blog.

To go along with this, I need to start uploaded pictures from Flickr or another site that can't be linked to.

I also need to watermark my future photos.

It might be too late for this, but I wish our names weren't posted on our blog. I have found how to change our names to "nicknames" on our blog, but it may be more difficult to change the url.

So don't be surprised if you come back someday and things have changed. It will be one less thing for me to worry about. ;)

4 comments:

ashley said...

oh lala (thats your nickname;) haha please tell how you disable the right click;)

Missy... said...

By nature, I'm a worrier too. :)

I think I know how to change the URL if you're interested. Maybe we can exchange tips...I'd love to know how to change names to nicknames. :)

Missy... said...

Oh yeah, I want to know how to disable the right click too, please!

Adam said...

now i can't make the babies my background at work :(