Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the curls do not make the boy.


I used to be in love with Dixon's beautiful hair.



I loved his bed head when he woke up in the morning.

I loved his tightly wound curls after his hair had been wet. 


I thought it was adorable that he looked just like his "learning toy."

I did not mind that he had been mistaken for a girl three times. 



I loved to take pictures of the back of his curly head. 


I especially liked his curls with his rugged, manly, Ugg boots from his Aunt Rachel.

However, when I came upstairs last week and found this...


I bawled my bloody brains out did not cry.


I soon realized that neither the curls nor the hair make the boy. 



What makes Dixon so amazing is his passion for life (and all things that roll). 

His curiosity. His love. His kind heart.


Plus, with all that weight gone...he can get way more air. 


And if I do say so myself, he looks darn cute with a little spike! ;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow he looks so different and grown up without his curls! It's a perfect cut for summer.

Anonymous said...

Such a hansome little man!!!
~Auntie Tashi

Stanford said...

OMG- he looks like a completely different kiddo. We need to have a little play date outback soon! I must say though I love the new do. So hard to see them grow up!