Friday, March 25, 2011

Do you smell that?

No, no it is not the smell of the just-changed poopy diaper lingering.

It is the smell of change, in the air.

     It all started a few weeks ago when Adam  bbm'ed me that he wanted to go back to school to be a teacher. I figured it was just a passing thought, until I got home that night and saw the look on his face. He had not been so excited about anything in a long time. I realized that even though this may be hard, we had to figure out a way to do it. Adam's last day at work is April 15th. He will start summer classes to begin working toward his teaching degree. We are hoping that this will take two years to complete.
At first I was very worried a total basket case about what we were going to do. I had so many questions running through my head and a lot of things to get straightened out. But I know we will be able to do it, it will just take some sacrificing. I think my dad said it best, when I saught his advice he told me:

"Kid, sometimes in a marriage you have to give each other room to grow."

Ahhhhhh yes, that smell is change and it will be ok. Our love will hold us together. 

Much more to come on this topic and the changes that will be taking place. 


:)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

This totally made me tear up! I'm so proud of you guys for taking this giant leap...it's really inspiring. D and B are lucky little boys and K~ you make your job look so easy. You guys will rock the next two years, no problem! Way to go Adam!
See you at the shower:)

vaughnfamily said...

Yeah Adam!!!! In the end, it will be totally worth it! :) Love it.