Wednesday, March 23, 2011

spring break thanks to blackberry.


Since my camera is a little on the fritz I will share our spring break pics via the trusty blackberry. 
(Don't worry, nothing serious, I just need to read up a little.)

We had many great mini adventures over our week long holiday. 
We made a special trip down to the river. 
Where Dixon was able to through as many rocks as his little heart desired. 
Breckin was not sure what to think of the sand so he spent most of the time with a death grip on the collar of my shirt. 
Well, except for the time Uncle Colton was trying to dunk him in the river. 
My dad (the naturalist) is taking part in a program called CRP. 
He is clearing the brush around the river and I must say that it looks beautiful. 
I especially LOVE that we can see across the river to Grandpa Pete's farm and the cabin up on the hill. 



We also made a few glorious trips to Target, where my darling boys were rewarded at the end with pizza and people watching in the Target cafe.


We spent much of our time playing outside, most days the weather was lovely.

We usually end up walking around the block or playing next door at the Stanford's house. Speaking of the Stanfords, the brought home a beautiful baby girl over break. :)




We also made the trip up to Clear Lake to see Tasha, Eric and baby Reesey. 

The boys and I made it both ways without stopping. 

Yes, we did not stop, even to hang the Cars blankie out the window or to take pictures of sweet sleepy babies.

Pure talent or totally distracted driving?

Please don't answer that.

The boys and I just stayed for one night. In which we watched Despicable Me 8 times and played musical beds for 8 hours. 

I even attempted to put my almost 15 month old in his 6 month old cousin's swing to get him to sleep. 

All to no avail. 

Needless to say we were able to 4 hour naps when we arrived home.



To go along with our unsafe theme, Breckin also had a near death expierence at Target. 

Usually I let the boys choose if they want to ride in the front or the back of the cart. 

At this point of the Target trip Dixon was in the front of the cart and Breckie was in the back.

Mr. Breckin was standing like Leo on the Titanic, the proud rider of his cart. 

When all of the sudden he saw something he wanted and leeeeaaaaaaned out of the cart.

He did a total flip over and landed on the hard ground on his back/back of his head. 

Cue Kendra "OH MY GODDDD!!!"

Cue Breckin "WAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

Cue 7 Target workers rushing to our aid asking us to fill out incident reports. 

No major injuries resulted, just a bump on Breckin's head and a broken heart for mama. 

In a lame attempt to make myself feel better, I asked the Target worker, "Does this happen a lot?" To

which she replied, "No, usually parents strap them in."

As my kids at school would say, EPIC FAIL.


Here is sweet Reese in all of her pink glory. 

Couldn't you just squeeeeeezeeee those cheekies?

1 comment:

Adam said...

why that baby have no hair?