Monday, January 26, 2009

1999 vs 2009

Many of you know I have began teaching at the same high school I attended for 4 years. Sometimes it is a little hard to remember that I am now a teacher...not a student. To my dismay no one wants to talk to me by the drinking fountain, there is no one running up to tell me the latest news, I do not have a locker, and I am not surrounded by 100 of my closest friends daily. It is a blast, however, to work with many of my old teachers and get to know them as people rather than teachers. Let's take a look at how things have changed for me in the past 10 years.

1999- I was a 10th grader in high school (ahhhh the good life.)
2009- I am TEACHING 10th graders at the same high school I attended.

1999- I got my driver's license and my first car, Leon the Neon.



2009- Have I been driving for 10 years? Sick.



1999- My biggest worries were what I was going to wear to school, how I could get to the mall next weekend and who would sit by me on the bus.

2009- My biggest worries (the condensed version) are the economy, my family's health, my auto/student/home loans, giving enough time to all areas of my life, ect ect ect.

1999- I was taking English 10 with Mrs. Wildin as my teacher.

2009- I am co- teaching with Mrs. Wildin in English 10.


1999- Not one kid had a cell phone...well maybe one, but it was reminiscent of Zach Morris'. Note passing was the way to go.



2009- Every single kid has a cell phone permanently attached to their fingers as the ferociously type between classes, and I have not caught one single note!

1999- I babysat occasionally...very occasionally.
2009- I have a son, who I am responsible for 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!!

1999- I hadn't quite convinced Adam yet, that I was going to be the love of his life...but I was working on it!
2009- We have been married for 1.5 years and have a beautiful baby!


1999- I was playing basketball, volleyball, soccer, and attempted golf.

2009- I am able to watch my baby brother and sister in all of their activities...and let them know to enjoy it, it will be over before they know!


1999- I was in love with Hello Kitty, Britney Spears, anything pink, celebrity gossip, reading magazines...ect...



2009- Ok...I guess not EVERYTHING changes...:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! go britney!

Anonymous said...

I too share your love for Brittney!!!!

The Lynam's said...

ha! Great post!! Hmmm... '99 vs '09 for me? Graduated high school... graduated grad school. and I LOVE Leon the Neon! Why is it you never said that to MY Leon when you were at Stowe??!?!??

rachel said...

Editing music so our moms wouldn't hear...Now editing music so those KIDS wont hear :) MEOW, I love you brit!