Thursday, January 8, 2009

Have you met me?


If so, this post will not surprise you.

I am a co teacher in an English 10 classroom. The English teacher starts every day off with a joke for the kids. Yesterday she asked me to read the joke at the begining of class...
for 28 16 year olds...

The first line read "Why the U.S. trails other countries in math..."

I read "Why the U.S. trials other countries in math..."

I didn't stop there...

I said, "Is this the same one you read this morning? Was it about a trial?" It seemed like I said trial 847 times. Then it clicked, "OH... TRAILS!" The class roared with laughter and I ended up being the joke of the day...

Standard.



1 comment:

The Lynam's said...

This cracks me up!!!!! I think only teachers can understand the stupid humor here... at least you didn't say a body part word, that would spell DISASTER!!