Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ONE YEAR!







The following are a hodge podge of pictures from our BIG day on Saturday, with an explination at the end of the post...
I am finishing up two classes this week...so next week I will be able to go into greater detail...I know, you are on the edge of your seat (all 8 of you!).













Yesterday Dixon turned one year old! It is so crazy to think how fast time has FLOWN by! Here are ten trivia facts about our 1 year old...
1. He has 9 teeth!
2. Currently his likes to play with anything he can roll on the floor.
3. He takes 3-4 steps and stands.
4. He IS GOING TO SLEEP ON HIS OWN!!! (patting myself on the back) But we are still working on the middle of the night wakings.
5. He is saying dada and baba and aaaaa. (Yes, no mama;( )
6. His favorite show is Backyardigians and I am not ashamed!
7. His favorite movie is Baby Signing Time.
8. He is drinking ALL whole milk.
9. He probably has wubba a little more than he should.
10. He is still Mr. Happy (most of the time).

*************************************************************************************
He is also the bussiest baby on the block! This last weekend, we celebrated 2 Easters and had 2 parties.

On Sunday Dixon and I woke up early after Adam was off to work and went to sunrise service at our church. It was worth it...I love being there as the sun first shines through the stain glass. However, I found out that it is MUCH different to take a one year old to church, than a baby. He was wild man sam!

We came home, took a nap and headed out to the farm, not to be confused with Grandpa Don and Grandma Chris's farm (which is just across the iron bridge). The farm was my great grandparents, and when they passed away my dad, his brothers and my grandpa bought it in the auction. It is fun to celebrate out there with all of the family, just like we did when they were here with us. We had an Easter/Dixon celebration!!

Adam (the birthday boy) met us at his mom's house for another Easter/Dixon bash! We had a doggie egg hunt, as well as a person one. We ate and Adam and Dixon opened presents and had their cake. Dixon was MUCH more in to eating his cake the 2nd time around! :)

3 comments:

The Lynam's said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend :o) AND... you are looking FABULOUS!!!!!!

kayla said...

cant wait to see more pics! happy birthday dixon! and YOU look great miss mamma!

rachel said...

I cant wait for more pics too!!! Kendra you are so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Give adam and dixon lots of birthday love for me!!!! xoxox