Friday, April 17, 2009

"We could just tie him to the chair."

I was not aware that this is legal and definetley not aware that this happened to me when I was little.


Dixon with Grandma Patty...the one who started it all, this crazy family with their chair tying habits.



When there was no highchair at the farm this weekend. Grandma Patty suggested...

"We could just tie him to the chair."

What! Was Grandma kidding? This is not legal.
Were they trying to make an Amelia Bedilia out of me again? Tie him to a chair must have a double meaning. Nope. It simply means get a tea towel and tie your baby to the chair.

Grandma and the other mothers assured me that they all tied their kids to chairs when there was no highchair available. I thought this was too funny. It ended up being the joke of the day...if an older cousin would get out of line we would say..."Tie her to her chair!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad I missed this:(

Tashi

The Lynam's said...

Pretty sure I'll use this trick with Owen this weekend since we don't have a high chair at our house yet :o). Blogspot.com... the new wave of information.

Missy... said...

We've actually had to do this a couple times too! J's dad even tied Eli to the chair with a belt! :) Necessity: the mother of invention (or something liike that!).